The Galactic Reddit Academy (aka Reddit’s internship program) is ready for liftoff, and we’re looking for a very special Behavioral Science Intern to join our crew for the very first time!
Reddit is a community of nearly 430 million active users spanning across several countries. There are thousands of vibrant communities and conversations that happen every day.
As the applied behavioral science intern, you’ll work within our data scientist division to analyze our onboarding flow and use academic literature to recommend psychology concepts that would make the process more sticky and enjoyable for the user. You’ll also get the chance to work with awarding and pitch ideas on incentivizing users to award more often on the platform.
See your suggestions in action as you design and conduct A/B experiments within the product to move metrics! Watch your work touch millions of lives around the world!
Applied behavioral science is a greenfield for Reddit and you will lead thinking in this intersection between psychology & data science. Come demonstrate what Applied Behavioral Science can do for the company.
If you fit the following criteria, we'd love to hear from you!:
- A desire to work at Reddit HQ in San Francisco over Summer 2021(subject to change depending on safety guidelines due to pandemic)
- Pursuing a Masters Degree in Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Neuroscience or related field
- Must be graduating between December 2021 - Summer 2022
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as R or Python
- Ability to run SQL queries
- Authorization to work in the United States
In lieu of a cover letter, please submit responses to the following question:
- After going through the Reddit onboarding flow, what are 1-2 behavioral science concepts you’d like to test to retain users? Please limit your response to no more than 1 page long.
Join Reddit; help build the front page of the internet.