Note about COVID-19 precautions: While the office is still closed to general employees, this role will be required to be onsite daily in order to fulfill the responsibilities. All precautionary measures are being taken. This job is located in our San Francisco office, 5 days a week onsite, and is essential for the continued success and growth of our business. It requires the ability to lift, reach, move and lift 50 pounds or more.
IT Asset Specialist
As the IT Asset Specialist, you will assist a fast-growing global business by overseeing the asset lifecycle: purchasing, managing, tracking, and deploying hardware. You will have a strong affinity for organization and process in the world of IT. This position will play a key role in our ability to scale our business, the speed in which we can fulfill requests and protect our expenses.
You are familiar with shipping and receiving logistics, and are able to build positive relationships with our multiple vendors to ensure timely delivery of IT hardware to our distributed workforce. Additionally, you will utilize our ITAM application (Oomnitza) to track and provide status updates to our new hires and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain Reddit HQ’s IT stockroom with impeccable organization.
- Manage the procurement of hardware for timely delivery related to onboarding, offboarding, and break/fix support.
- Work with the People Operations team regarding the timeline and status of purchase requests and deployment.
- Identify and drive process improvements directly and cross-functionally through your ability to facilitate buy-in.
- Track warranties that expire, and hardware nearing EOL.
- Work with Amazon Business and configure “internal” ecommerce applications.
- Build pivotal relationships with our global vendors/suppliers and work through logistical issues with professionalism.
- Oversee the IT procurement lifecycle (purchasing, reselling, disposables)
- Assist and verify purchase order quotes, and work with Accounting on monthly expense reports.
- Experience in IT procurement and with other ITAM platforms.
- Previous inventory/loss prevention experience
- Superior people skills and ability to manage expectations on purchase status requests.
- Ability to be clear, creative, and direct in the asset retrieval process.
- Good attention to detail and have wizardry spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets, Excel, etc.).
- Prior experience with CDW, Amazon Business, Arkphire, NetSuite, Jira Service Desk, and ticket management, etc.
- Basic understanding of MacOS and Windows (imaging & provisioning)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have a reliable form of transportation to commute to office headquarters
What We Can Expect From You:
- Passion. It’s easy for you to keep up with the latest industry trends, experiment at home with new technologies and perhaps have your own home lab
- Resourceful. Ability to discover solutions through research, testing, discovery, reddit, etc.
- Experienced. Provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- A good communicator, with a personable demeanor and a positive attitude
- Experience with ITAM and MDM Providers (Oomnitza, AirWatch, Jira Service Management, etc.)
- Have worked in electronics / technology retail with stockroom experience
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup environment