"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
If you work tirelessly to break into computer networks and just as tirelessly to ensure others cannot, we need you. The ideal candidate will work to modernize Reddit’s security controls and monitoring across our endpoint environment and SaaS platforms.
This position will start the Corporate Security function at Reddit and build the Corporate Security team. Current focus of Corporate security is to improve the Endpoint Security posture and detection capabilities and security posture of SaaS/Third party applications.
What You'll Do:
- Design and Enhance our incident response capabilities on endpoint devices
- Guide our IT team in implementing security best practices for SaaS and endpoint environments and drive security initiatives like 2-factor authentication, automated encryption of client devices, DLP, etc.
- Build tools and processes for automating security controls and monitoring at scale
- Lead security initiatives across the organization and harden our infrastructure against attack
- Represent Reddit’s security program outside of the company at security conferences
What We Can Expect From You:
- 8+ years of experience in IT security or building endpoint security solutions
- 5+ years endpoint administration experience with MacOS, Windows, and Linux devices
- 4+ years Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) administration experience
- Experience with executing endpoint hardening initiatives based on a common framework
- Experience with mobile device management technologies
- Experience with osquery and endpoint monitoring, able to design rules for implementation in a SIEM for alerting on IOCs
- Experience with implementing and operating forensics capabilities for an international remote-enabled workforce
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layperson's terms
- Ability to code in Python and shell scripts. Experience with Go, Rust, Scala, Lua, C, and/or C++ a plus
- Familiarity with public cloud (AWS, GCP) and associated concepts
- Experience with SIEM logging solutions
- Experience with threat and vulnerability management processes
- Experience with common security compliance initiatives such as SOC2, CSA, ISO27001
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.