San Francisco / New York / LA / Remote
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Who We Are
Advertising is Reddit’s primary business model and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities that drive action. This large number of self-governed communities have highly-engaged users who are in an unduplicated mindset of consuming relevant information. This has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a massive and highly differentiated ads business.
You will be joining Ads User Experience (AUX) as a leader supporting the team’s mission to empower brands to create delightful user experiences that align with their marketing goals. We are a full-stack team of iOS, Android, Web, and Backend engineers. We are responsible for the ad units across all of Reddit’s clients including UI, measurement, and brand suitability. AUX has a broad scope and projects your team may work on include:
- New ad placements (ex comments page, sidebar, search results)
- New post types (ex carousels, polls, live stream)
- Third party measurement integrations
- UI optimization experiments
- Intelligent ad load systems
We face the unique challenge of delighting both the users who see our ads and the advertisers who purchase them.
What You’ll Do
You will own the execution of your team’s roadmap and be accountable for consistent, predictable delivery. You will ruthlessly prioritize both planned projects and emergent asks. You will coach Tech Leads on project management and empower your team to execute autonomously. You will identify risks and proactively communicate them both internally and externally.
AUX will grow aggressively during your tenure at Reddit, and our engineering managers are directly responsible for scaling up their teams. You will identify your team’s needs, write job descriptions, source, interview, and sell candidates. You will have the support of our incredible recruiting team to bring diverse and talented engineers into Reddit.
You will help your engineers identify career goals and create development plans to achieve them. You will constantly seek opportunities to push your engineers outside their comfort zone and turn followers into leaders.
You will work with your team to develop processes and tooling that constantly improve the quality of our products and systems, ensuring that they meet product requirements, customer needs, and SLAs.
You will serve as a thought partner to product and upper management to ensure your team’s plans align with company goals. You will become an expert in the digital ads business and our customer needs. You will participate in and challenge prioritization decisions. You will communicate your team’s work and set expectations with external stakeholders.
- 2+ years experience leading and growing engineering teams
- 5+ years experience developing software as an engineer
- Strong advocate for testing and code quality with ability to make sound quality/velocity trade-offs in a high risk system
- Strong communicator who can translate complex technical concepts into simple ideas depending on the audience
- Experience working on and/or leading full-stack, cross-platform teams where you may not be an expert in all the team’s tools and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent technical expertise
- Ads experience is not required, but is a plus