"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are looking for our first Manager, Revenue Accounting & AR Operations who is excited to roll up their sleeves, build a team and develop processes that will scale with our growth. This position will manage our Senior Billing and Collections Analyst and work cross functionally with our Sales Operations, Sales Finance and Technology & Business teams. A successful leader in this role is someone who can work independently but also enjoys working cross functionally with business, operations and technical colleagues to develop scalable billing, revenue recognition and collections processes. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this may be the role for you!
This position will be responsible for reporting revenues in accordance with GAAP, developing our billing and collections effort, and working cross functionally across Sales Finance, Sales Operations and Ad Operations Teams. This position will also be responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable and related reserve balances, Deferred Revenue accounts and supporting expansion of integrating new revenue streams into our processes as we expand product offerings and internationally. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. This candidate must have a strong background in Revenue Recognition and be system savvy. The ideal candidate will also have advertising or digital media/entertainment industry experience.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Timely & accurate recording of all revenue streams and related accounts (Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Deferred Revenue)
- Reconciliation of all revenue, AR and Def Revenue Accounts
- Develop and maintain Reserve Methodologies, Credit Authorization & Approval Policies and Credit Memo Policies
- Understand sales tax compliance needs and develop an operational plan to incorporate into billing systems
- Manage cash settlement merchant relationships and processes
- Develop standard dashboard reporting to support collections activity and reserve methodologies
- Corporate Accounting point of contact for Cost of Sales analysis and operationalization of new revenue streams in Netsuite
- Overseeing our Sr Billings and Collections Analyst to ensure that invoices to customers are accurate, reflect proper level of needed detail at line levels and are distributed timely
- Overseeing our Sr Billings and Collections Analyst responsible for cash collections, cash application and collection analytics;
- Providing support and preparing other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Ultimately we are looking for someone who is experienced, flexible, eager, and excited to build from the ground up!
- Bachelor's Degree required; CPA recommended
- 7-10 years of work experience in the area of social media Ad Platform and Revenue/ AR
- Combined public accounting and corporate experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition rules and ability to apply ASC 606
- Working knowledge of sales tax and able to apply to revenue operations
- Strong knowledge of Netsuite and working knowledge of Salesforce
- Knowledge and experience with Credit Reports (i.e. Dun & Bradstreet, Refinitiv, Experian, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, and strong Excel skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and project managing skills