"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As a Design Director you will lead a team of designers defining how users discover, create content, form communities, communicate and engage on Reddit. The Reddit Design Team is a talented group of problem solvers, makers, and artists. Come join us as we take Reddit into the future, and be a part of a high-impact team.
- Lead, and manage, a growing team of designers.
- Foster creativity and collaboration both inside and out of your area of ownership.
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from concept to delivery.
- Contribute to design thinking at the company, resulting in tangible improvements across our portfolio of products – as well as to how we approach and solve customer problems.
- Drive change through user insight – resulting in improvements to the Reddit experience.
- Gather community input and weigh against existing factors to effectively present a feature or product area to end-users through research or other community events.
- Effectively communicate and present solutions to user problems across the organization, as well as to large groups of end users.
- Own quality of user experience for your area.
- 10+ years of relevant design experience.
- Previous experience managing a team of designers.
- Experience working on social or consumer facing products across multiple platforms
- A strong sense of user empathy.
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from first principles and communicating it to stakeholders.
- Humble, driven, and motivated to ship the best product.