Reddit is the world’s largest network of communities. Amazing things happen on Reddit every single day. Our members create, manage, and grow all of the communities that make up the Reddit experience. These communities connect and inspire hundreds of millions of people across the globe each month. At the center of our mission is to bring these communities to everyone in the world.
Reddit is seeking a senior product leader to lead International (i18n) Growth to help us achieve our mission and to reach the next hundreds of millions of Redditors. This is the area with the highest potential for user & revenue growth at Reddit. You will lead a team to ship products that help connect Reddit to users across cultures, languages, and countries in all aspects of the product - from the formation of communities to user acquisition and making Reddit a daily habit. You will be responsible for deeply understanding different markets and turning that knowledge into insights to drive the international growth strategy & roadmap.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new team at one of the most important consumer products on the internet. If building a product that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
Based in New York, NY or San Francisco, CA and reporting into the VP of Product, Vaibhav Sagal, the Director of Product, i18n, will drive the strategy, execution, and recruiting for the i18n product team. The ideal candidate is an experienced product leader with previous i18n experience, understands online consumers and communities, and is hungry to take on leadership both internally and externally.
- Lead and grow the i18n Growth product team.
- Build out the roadmap, vision and strategy for i18n Growth on Reddit, including new community creation, community expansion and content creation, and governance and moderation tools for large communities.
- Directly manage and train product managers. Work cross-functionally with Design and Engineering counterparts.
- Effectively represent the i18n Growth team to Reddit leadership and externally as an industry leader.
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders such as Consumer Product, Community Product, Search and Relevance, and Sales/Ads Engineering to define and achieve common goals.
- Director level product i18n experience at Social Media or consumer focused B2B companies.
- Experience working with online communities outside the United States.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team, as well as to align a diverse set of stakeholders toward a common goal
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage high complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- The ability to write both long-term strategy and short-term roadmaps
- Understand in depth and have a high level of respect for the core user base at Reddit and develop the most appropriate and innovative solutions that are suitable for Reddit’s international growth
- Willing to work on location in San Francisco or New York