Reddit is looking for an enthusiastic and thoughtful Senior Communications Manager to join our growing Comms team! Reddit Comms works cross-functionally with executives and teams across the company to launch new products, develop narratives, mine for stories and build up our thought leaders in an effort to shape the public’s perception of our brand, products and business.
About the Role
Our Senior Communications Manager will be a crucial part of a developing team -- supporting our Head of Brand Communications in storytelling, thought leadership and announcements across a broad portfolio touching Consumer Product, Design, Monetization Product, Ads Engineering, Brand Partnerships (Sales), and Business Development. In essence, the Sr. Communications Manager will help drive Reddit’s trade and product communications initiatives.
This is an exciting time for Reddit. We’re growing quickly, innovating daily and aggressively tackling our mission to bring community and belonging to everyone online.
This position is available in New York or San Francisco.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Head of Brand Communications in building, executing, and measuring strategic communications plans related to Reddit’s product (consumer and ads), business and partnerships.
- Draft high-level messaging, communications strategies and supporting content (press releases, blog posts, key messages, FAQ, pitch notes, etc.) for announcements, activations, partnerships, and product launches.
- Build relationships with reporters and secure top tier coverage to reach our portfolio’s target audience.
- Media-train executives, business leads and spokespeople to ensure confidence and key message resonance for public-facing press initiatives, including interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Develop internal relationships and attend cross-functional portfolio meetings to stay informed on key initiatives and identify strategic storytelling opportunities.
- Quickly connect dots and information gather to respond to portfolio-related crises and issues.
- Identify strategic speaking and thought leadership opportunities for Reddit executives and thought leaders.
- Help build out Reddit’s relationships with key press, industry influencers, academics and others.
- Quickly and successfully address media requests in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelor's degree in PR/Communications-related field.
- 6-8 years of experience in product, trade and/or partnership communications, preferably with experience in both agency and in-house settings.
- Strong writer with vision and perspective to help shape narratives and comms strategies on both the portfolio and specific announcement level.
- Deep experience with media relations and proven results securing coverage across a variety of media beats and tiers.
- Creative, opportunistic and proactive storyteller who is constantly mining for stories and unafraid to dig in, research and pitch angles and ideas to the team.
- Energetic, assertive, results-oriented, self-starter with the desire and ability to go above and beyond. Seeks opportunities to contribute to the team’s broader success.
- Understanding of Reddit’s business (ads) and familiarity with our products.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You love the news and have a fluency with news organizations, reporters and the various ways they communicate.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Generous Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time