"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The Chat team is paving the way for Reddit to have tens of thousands of vibrant chat rooms that support real-time conversations for the full spectrum of communities, topics, and events. These chat rooms allow users to easily join the conversation and are a major engagement driver for Redditors.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create real-time experiences and fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. You’ll bring your experience with complex systems, passion for performance and optimization, and ability to write highly scalable, fault tolerant code to a team of top engineers.
With our small team, your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Shipping new products that will increase Reddit’s ability to deliver information real-time.
- Creating a unified and seamless experience between desktop and mobile.
- Building tools that will improve the safety and experience of our users.
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- Experience with large-scale distributed real-time systems
- Curiosity and ability to be autonomous to figure out what's important.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team.