Note: We are only accepting applications from the US at this time.
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Reddit’s Core Services team, you’ll use your knowledge of operating distributed systems to improve Reddit’s Message Bus offering backed by Kafka. You will be responsible for improving and scaling the backbone of the developer information highway within Reddit. You’ll also use your development experience to contribute to the continued development of the internal Infrastructure that supports Reddit’s Message Bus as well as the developer interfaces and products that support all of Reddit Engineering.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Advise: Work with engineering teams in designing and developing systems that are resilient and highly performant at tremendous scale
- Amplify: Contribute to the development our internal Infrastructure Product, which is used by Reddit engineering teams to operate their services
- Automate: Build tools and systems to support the performant operation of our infrastructure and services
- Diagnose: Draw on your knowledge of distributed systems to identify and fix network, system, and service-level issues
- Optimize: Observe and improve performance, reduce cost, and improve the experience for millions of users
- Located in the United States
- Experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Previous data pipeline, kafka, or message bus experience
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
Nice-to-haves While not required, familiarity with any of these is a big plus!
- Experience working in an environment that applies Infrastructure-as-code principles
- Docker or Kubernetes in a production setting
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform