Note: We are only accepting applications from the US at this time.
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a Staff Engineer on Reddit’s Observability and Performance team, you’ll use your knowledge of operating distributed systems to improve the consistency, reliability, and performance of our growing ecosystem of services. You’ll also use your development experience to contribute to the internal Infrastructure that all of Reddit Engineering uses to observe, monitor, and build performant systems.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Advise: Work with engineering teams in designing and developing systems that are resilient and highly performant at tremendous scale
- Amplify: Contribute to the development our internal Infrastructure Product, which is used by Reddit engineering teams to observe, monitor, and operate their services
- Automate: Build tools and systems to support the performant operation of our infrastructure and services
- Diagnose: Draw on your knowledge of distributed systems to identify and fix network, system, and service-level issues
- Optimize: Observe and improve performance, reduce cost, and improve the experience for millions of users
- Located in the United States
- 6+ years of Infrastructure, Operations, or Backend Engineering experience
- Experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Troubleshooting skills that span applications, networking (TCP/IP), and systems
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
Nice-to-haves While not required, familiarity with any of these is a big plus!
- Experience working in an environment that applies Infrastructure-as-code principles
- Docker or Kubernetes in a production setting
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- A passion for performance, cost optimizations and empowering developers to build highly performant systems.