The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit has raised $600m in private financing from Tencent, Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, SV Angel, Y Combinator, Coatue Management, and others. Their last round of financing was a D round of $300m that valued the business at $3B. Reddit has roughly 500 employees and is based in San Francisco, California.
Reddit is seeking a product manager to take on our Video Player development and strategy, one of our fastest growing product experiences on Reddit. This role will also be based out of San Francisco, and will be critical in driving the success of our video product efforts.
- Defining a video product vision, strategy, roadmap, and metrics for measuring success
- Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders such as Ads Engineering & Product, Sales, Consumer Product, Legal, Business Development, Community, and more
- Owning the end to end video experience: uploading for content creators, consumption experiences for users, and infrastructure planning (pipeline, storage, serving, etc.)
- Developing a deep understanding of the Reddit video user (both creators and consumers), both existing and potential
- Owning the development of detailed product requirements documents, and managing prioritization for speed to market, performance, and features
What we expect from you
- 3+ years of experience working as a product manager
- Demonstrable track record of driving significant cross-organizational solutions to closure
- Previous experience working with online video (archive content, VOD, streaming, etc.), having shipped digital streaming media experiences
- Exceptional project management & organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Passion for Reddit and how we can make video better on Reddit
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and highly dynamic business environment
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, including a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the minutia
- Define team goals and success metrics for new video products to ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit’s wider business objectives
- Engineering or design background
- Deep familiarity with video industry standards and formats