"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As the Head of Pricing & Yield Management, you will play a vital role at Reddit.
The Yield Management team at Reddit is part of the Business Operations group and partners with multiple parts of the organization to provide proactive analytical and strategic insights that drive revenue growth. Members of the team focus on identifying advertising revenue opportunities through segmentation, inventory pricing analysis, utilization and sell-through rate reporting, channel optimization, and predictive modeling. The team then translates these opportunities into action plans, working hand-in-hand to drive sales growth across all channels and geographies.
- Lead yield management efforts to optimize revenue across channels, including factoring in the impact of programmatic revenue
- Design and implement processes that contribute to maximize inventory valuation
- Use quantitative analysis to determine value-maximizing inventory approaches; collaborate across groups to identify pricing and revenue opportunities; make recommendations to executive leadership
- Provide senior leadership team with proactive suggestions on ways to optimize yield, providing advanced analytics, media optimization, and algorithm development.
- Develop recommendation on agency rate card for Reddit ad products across International markets that is consistent with fair market value accounting principles, optimum revenue generation and advertiser willingness to pay
- Support Agency Team, Global Sales and Corporate Finance in development of revenue proformas
- Recommend pricing strategies based on inventory availability, MAU growth and shifts in supply/demand
- Identify and quantify opportunities for data targeting to increase inventory valuation
- Analyze digital ad delivery, ad traffic and audience profile reports as a means of directing our targeting, direct and programmatic ad sales strategies
- Utilize statistical analysis against historical delivery trends across digital platforms, properties and sections as a means of measuring future inventory capacity (supply)
- Develop, analyze, and distribute key business metric reporting and insights, for the Advertising organization to monitor business performance and overall yield performance, on an ongoing basis
- Primary liaison with Product, Marketplace, Sales Finance and Sales Ops team to understand upcoming traffic enhancements and then modify forecasts as needed
- Perform data-driven analyses on the data that yield key insights and recommendations into how to drive campaign performance
- Provide inputs and suggestions around campaign set up, targeting, and campaign weighting and optimization model development
- Design approach and execute packaging of key Reddit inventory and assets (i.e. Live!)
- At least 6 years minimum of online advertising experience, at a large online publisher or network with multiple sites and sales channels
- 3-4 years of dedicated pricing, yield management and inventory management experience required
- Ideal candidate is someone who possesses the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced environment
- Proven quantitative ability and Excel spreadsheet modeling skills
- The ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and to interface with cross-functional teams at all levels of seniority
- Experience with various targeting and viewability measures