"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
If you like analyzing the business and privileged roles to create a secure operating environment while increasing the speed of the business, we need you at Reddit. We hold the privacy of our users as core to our mission at Reddit and that means ensuring that any access to user data is governed, auditable and appropriately scoped for a business purpose. Evolving our risk management and compliance practices with a focus on practical and data driven decisions is in our DNA.
This role will be responsible for policy, design and operation of Identity and Access governance solutions and working with application and shared service teams to continuously design and deploy robust identity and access controls to protect critical assets and data.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement in IAM processes and the adoption of new processes and technologies with the objective of deep integration into organizational processes.
- Work with IT and the business to prioritize enhancements or improvements to provisioning, de-provisioning, user lifecycle and access provisioning into an IAM platform.
- Ensure that IAM technology and controls provide direct support for Reddit Privacy Principles, Security policies and other regulatory requirements.
- Act as a main interface point for all technical IAM guidance provided by the team.
- Proactively identify potential sources of security risk, prioritizing them based on various factors (level of effort, budget, timing, operational requirements and business priorities), and provide recommendations on paths forward.
- Continuously develop, enhance, document and communicate information security policies, processes, and standards.
- Provide information security technical leadership and guidance for operational teams, leading to an atmosphere of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) or more years of related experience in Information Security or IT Security roles, with a focus on Identity and Access Management, Governance Risk & Compliance Operations, Or Architecture.
- Ability to work on and continuously deliver on numerous competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, technical writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with teams, be a thought leader, and drive innovation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with global teams, develop staff, be a thought leader, and drive innovation. Extensive understanding of IT risk and information security compensating controls
- Humble expert with a sense of urgency
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, right or wrong
- Team focus with an ability to work in a matrixed organization