"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong technical background and experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring software engineering teams. If you are passionate about building high quality products, can execute quickly with focus and discipline, and love developing team members, then we want to talk to you! Your work will have high impact and be seen by hundreds of millions of Redditers each month.
Responsibilities Work together with product management, Data Science & QA teams to build roadmap in supporting the long term vision of the team coupled with tactical execution.
- Participate in products technical design and architecture.
- Lead the development team of highly capable engineers and help the team achieve their goals by mentoring software engineers.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Drive delivery for our product milestones, continually releasing features and ensuring quality metrics are achieved by using agile methodologies
- 4+ years experience developing software as an engineer
- 2+ years experience managing engineering teams
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Management skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and its individual members, delegate, mentor, and deliver results.
- Interviewing engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- Quality mindset: advocate for testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C#)
- Experience with best web practices including A/B testing
- Experience collaborating with product managers and QA in delivering product features.