"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a lead for our Sales Strategy & Operations team. Sales Strategy & Operations is responsible for core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, and ongoing business operations management.
This is a unique opportunity to drive vision, strategy, and execution for the Reddit advertising sales team in a high-growth environment. In this role, you will engage directly with executive stakeholders to ensure Sales Strategy & Operations’ scope, structure and execution aligns directly with their needs and drives towards achieving their revenue goals. You will define, launch and oversee programs that expand the Sales Strategy & Operations team’s role in serving Reddit’s advertising businesses. You will develop the team’s vision, define team organization, drive people planning, hiring and development, and lead through a period of rapid growth.
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity.
You will embed yourself with the sales team and become the strategy and operations backbone for those teams. Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and partners in the Sales, Finance, Revenue, Marketing, and Support organizations critical to maintaining or developing long-term relationships with key brands and agencies. You are the go-to person in the Reddit Revenue org if anyone wants to know “what is happening.” You will often independently identify issues, problem solve, and drive solutions with enthusiasm - people come to you when they have a tough problem and don’t know how to solve it.
- Work directly with key sales leaders on critical strategic, organizational and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity and operational efficiency
- Work with our cross-functional partners (Sales teams, Revenue engineering, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements
- Structure and execute on these projects by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Build automation and scalability, optimize operational processes, and ensure seamless integration around systems, tools, and technology
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and other teams to identify and fix problems in our Sales process to drive the scaled acquisition of customers
- Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, territory planning, and budgeting.
- Track key data and maintain our reporting processes (spanning all key sales pipeline, productivity metrics, and forecasting)
- You will drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across teams, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key sales management meetings.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and longer term resource needs
- Conduct strategic market insights including competitive landscape analysis to help formulate go to market plans.
- Actively participate in building Quarterly business reviews with the sales teams
- Provide coaching and thought partnership to your team
- Lead a team of sales operations professionals, including hiring, development, and oversight of team and individual initiatives
- 10+ years total experience
- 2-3+ years experience leading and managing teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, or related field of study
- Experience working within sales operations or a similar function
- Experience in the digital marketing industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Comfortable working in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Familiar with SQL or any other form of database querying language
- Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using a consultative approach to identifying and building go to market strategies
- Facilitation experience and the ability to lead programs such as strategy planning sessions
- Experience working with Salesforce, pipeline management, and billing software
- Management consulting experience is a big plus
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study