"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of tens of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own front page, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 350 million users worldwide.
Reddit is a vast constellation of communities, posts, and users with a complex and growing pool of content that our users see each day. We are looking for a product manager to lead all aspects of Reddit’s relevance team. You'll work closely with our engineers, product managers, and internal teams to build out the functionality necessary to power the core feeds and recommender systems at Reddit.
The Relevance team is responsible for content selection in various product surfaces. The things we build determine what people see in their Reddit feeds like Home, Popular, and community listing pages. This Relevance PM will own the strategy, planning, and execution of our product roadmap for our core recommendation and ranking systems. The ideal candidate will leverage strong organizational skills and deep subject matter expertise to partner with execs, engineers, and feature teams to improve the content experience on Reddit.
This is a great opportunity to help build some of the most impactful content engines in the world.
- Partners with internal groups (Execs, Data Science, Research, other PMs/Feature teams, etc) to understand product needs and prioritize requirements for the dev team
- Help develop a comprehensive strategy for our relevance team to build toward satisfying our users and internal partners (Growth, Ads, and Community)
- Lead an Agile/Scrum process to establish the Product Roadmap with cross-functional teams, internal and external stakeholders
- Define team goals and success metrics for relevance projects to ensure we are tracking towards improvements that align with our wider business objectives
- Evaluate current product performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Generate excitement and understanding around Reddit relevance product improvements
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3+ years of experience working as a product manager, especially in a technical, computational, or infrastructural group
- Understanding of Machine Learning methodologies and steps involved in building successful data projects
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Fantastic problem solver; ability to solve problems that the world has not solved before
- Experience working with large scale consumer recommender systems
- Ability to communicate clearly about complex technical solutions and relating them to business results
- Experience making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing
- Analytical background with a track record delivering high impact product launches
- Ability to use data to make decisions and comfortable gathering it yourself
- Passion about Reddit and how we can make it better
- Located in San Francisco