IT Operations Specialist
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking an IT Operations Specialist to help keep pace with the needs of a growing company. In this role, you will play a key role overseeing our endpoints (Mac, Windows, Mobile), serve as a point of escalation for Help Desk, and help evolve our ever growing suite of cloud services. You will have experience working in a team and will leverage your past experience to bring immediate value and drive new initiatives.
You are a team player with a strong commitment to customer service, enjoy technology and have an aptitude for problem solving.
- Manage and evolve our endpoint management systems (Jamf, Airwatch, etc). Improve imaging, patch management, software deployment, device posture, etc.
- Assist with our cloud services: Google Apps, JIRA/Confluence, Dropbox, Slack, etc.
- Assist with building provisioning/deprovisioning workflows (User accounts, group membership, service access, etc.)
- Point of escalation for Helpdesk tickets and in general lend a hand when necessary
- Assist with or manage special IT specific projects
- Partner and build relationships with teams across the company
- Support/cover for team members (above and below) through vacations or other periods of absence
- Proven experience working with endpoint management systems (Jamf, DeployStudio, Munki, Airwatch, OSQuery, Puppet, Chef, or similar service).
- Experience with automation and scripting for endpoints and configuration management.
- Super Admin on an enterprise SaaS product (G Suite, Office 365, Box, Atlassian, etc.)
- Extensive experience in support and troubleshooting Mac OS and Windows platforms as well as iOS & Android mobile devices
- Previously worked in a fast paced customer facing environment, preferably within a technical organization
- Passion. It’s easy for you to keep up with the latest industry trends, experiment at home with new technologies and maybe even have your own home lab
- Resourceful. Ability to discover solutions through research, testing, discovery, reddit, etc.
- Experienced. Provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- A good communicator, with a personable demeanor and a positive attitude
- Experience with JIRA administration, modifying workflows, permission and notification schemes, custom field configs, etc.
- Experience with Identity Providers/SAML (Okta, OneLogin, etc.)
- A deep understanding of networking, subnets, routing, VLANs, and wireless networks
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup environment