"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Guest Experience team within Growth Engineering has the mission of helping millions of guest users find relevant content and start a rich journey towards becoming a Redditor!
Search experience optimization is one of the strongest opportunities for bringing in new users and the guest experience is critical in helping them continue to explore and engage with Reddit. Reddit’s users have created posts, discussions, and communities covering a diversity of topics. The huge volume of content creates an opportunity to grow our user base by connecting search users with engaging content.
The Guest Experience team is looking to hire an Engineering Manager, to build this team from the ground up. This is a high impact role where you will get to be a part of not just technical strategy but also will be working with product leaders to evolve the product and extend its reach. This team is responsible for major components of new feature development and the scalability of product infrastructure as we accelerate our growth.
What You’ll Do
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of software engineers to solve problems.
- Foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work together with product, engineering leaders and data science teams to build roadmaps in supporting the long term vision of the Experience team coupled with tactical execution.
- Collaborate with the other managers to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent and powerful experience across both mobile and web platforms.
- Drive delivery for our product milestones, continually releasing features and ensuring quality metrics are achieved by using agile methodologies
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team.
What We Look For
- 1+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers
- 4+ years of experience developing consumer product
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Scala)
- Experience collaborating with product managers and designers in delivering product features.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.