The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced product manager to help lead the development of our platform initiatives. Covering API, Web, Mobile Web and Native Apps, the Platform team creates the foundation that feature teams use to serve the 350 million unique voices that make Reddit unique.
The Platform PM will own the strategy, planning and execution of our Platform teams’ technical roadmaps. This unique role must balance the needs of internal developers (efficiency, modern infrastructure, good documentation) with those of our end users (stability, performance, consistency) and 3rd party party developers (API coverage, documentation, uptime).
We are currently in the process of migrating our backend from a monolithic codebase to interconnected microservices queryable via GraphQL. This effectively means we’re switching out the tracks while keeping our clients running. If this scale of problem and leading a platform that impacts hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place.
- Partner with internal groups (Engineering, Product, Design, Execs, etc.) to understand their platform needs and prioritize them into roadmaps for the API, Web, Mobile Web and Native App platforms.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for communicating the Platform roadmaps out to internal stakeholders.
- Internally promote the use of tools and processes developed by the Platform teams and measure their success in improving engineering satisfaction and efficiency.
- Independently own specifications for platform capabilities, driving development, execution, and delivering successful features to market.
- Take the lead on defining and interpreting experiments that quantify the value of the Platform team’s work and highlight the value of performance gains to the whole company.
- Work closely with internal business and partnerships teams, who are the primary liaison to external partners, to build scalable software solutions for 3rd party developers.
- 3+ years experience working as a product manager.
- The organizational skills required to manage a pipeline of inbound requests from multiple stakeholders.
- The technical knowledge and experience to work on highly technical features with specialized engineering teams.
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- The ability to assess the impact of a feature not only on end users but also the platform it’s being built for.
- Exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and diplomacy.
- A passion for Reddit and how we can make it better.
- Experience working on a platform or design systems team.
- Experience working as a developer, technical project manager or similar technical role.
- Strong design literacy or experience working in a design-heavy role.