"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
If you like breaking software, finding root cause and connecting with teams so it can be fixed at scale, we need you. The ideal candidate will work tirelessly to uncover security issues before the bad guys do and will work with developers to move security to the left in the SDLC. This role is responsible for assessing and assuring the integrity of Reddit’s applications for millions of users. We partner with product and engineering throughout the software development life-cycle to ensure applications are designed and built securely. If you evangelize security and love to train developers to build better, more secure software, this position is for you.
- Develop application security and product best practices to standardize security practices.
- Provide security guidelines for the organization to protect critical assets and data.
- Drive the software security certification process for the Monetization organization.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate both internally developed software and vendor products and procedures to address security requirements for the Monetization organization.
- Work with DevOps engineers to integrate static and dynamic analysis security tools into CI/CD pipelines.
- Serve as subject matter expert for static and dynamic analysis security tools.
- Interpret security tools and penetration testing results and describe issues and fixes to developers.
- Provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers.
- Develop a product fuzzing system to find security defects and where they reside in source code.
- Develop company wide security projects to discover security defects in source code, dependencies, and/or other artifacts.
- Build metrics to track security defects and automate collection of security information to derive metrics.
- Enable automation of product security testing and find innovative ways to scale the security team.
- Evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or development techniques that impact security.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layman's terms.
- Experience with Cloud and virtualized technology in environments such as AWS or GCP.
- Candidates must be able to explain vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the OWASP Top 10, WASC, and/or CWE 25 to any audience, and discuss effective defensive techniques.
- Deep understanding of HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols, and Web applications.
- Deep understanding of authentication protocols and frameworks to include OAuth, OpenID, and/or AWS IAM.
- Familiarity with dynamic and static analysis tools.
- Deep understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools.
- Ability to interpret dynamic/static analysis tools, and penetration test results and describe issues and fixes to non-security experts.
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc).
- Ability to program in Python, experience with Go, C, and/or C++ a plus.
- Familiarity with common reconnaissance, exploitation, and post exploitation frameworks.
- Humble expert with a sense of urgency.
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple.
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, right or wrong.