"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Every year, Reddit hosts the world’s largest online gift exchanges which helps to connect fellow Redditors around the world in a meaningful way. Over a million gifts are exchanged by 900k+ people in 225 countries. The Gifts team is responsible for building and evolving the platform for these exchanges, figuring out new ways to engage people and increase the number of human connections Redditors make along the way.
The Gifts team is looking to hire a Senior Engineering Manager, to build this team from the ground up. This is a high impact role where you will get to be a part of not just technical strategy but also will be working with product leaders to evolve the product and extend its reach. This team is responsible for major components of new feature development and the scalability of product infrastructure as we accelerate our growth.
What you’ll do
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of software engineers to solve problems.
- Foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work together with product, engineering leaders and data science teams to build roadmaps in supporting the long term vision of the Gifts team coupled with tactical execution.
- Collaborate with the other managers to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent and powerful experience across both mobile and web platforms.
- Drive delivery for our product milestones, continually releasing features and ensuring quality metrics are achieved by using agile methodologies
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team.
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience developing software
- 2+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Experience interviewing engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, onboarding new team members.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C#)
- Experience collaborating with product managers and QA in delivering product features.
- Familiarity with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- Someone who has a quality mindset and will advocate for testing and code quality
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.