"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable them to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
This role will be responsible for assessing, designing and implementing large scale and high impact security patterns for the Reddit platform.
- Serve as primary architect to distil Security policies and design requests from Reddit Engineering and turn them into actionable designs and specs.
- Articulate near term and long term architecture, complemented by an implementable roadmap, which contain the enabling artifacts and design specs.
- Write proof of concept implementations for difficult security challenges in identity, authorization, cloud control planes, tokenization and encryption.
- Work cross-functionally with the Office of the CTO architects supporting all business and engineering teams.
- Triage large scale security, performance, resilience or scalability challenges at Reddit as it grows.
- Mentor other engineers and evangelize security practices through cross-functional work with infrastructure and engineering teams.
- Continuous "outside-in" scanning and hands-on evaluation of technologies, methodologies & techniques.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in information security systems design and architecture and implementing production code.
- A passion for developing systems and processes at scale and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with large-scale data pipelines and tiered event processing for security.
- Experience with AWS and GCE, IaaS, PaaS, ‘network-as-a-service’ environment.
- Humble expert with a sense of urgency.
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple.
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, right or wrong.
- Team focus with an ability to lead in a matrixed organization.