"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for an enthusiastic and thoughtful Communications Associate to join our team at the San Francisco HQ! Reddit’s Communications team works cross-functionally with Reddit’s executives and leadership across Marketing, Brand Partnerships, Product, Business Development, Policy, Engineering, Data and People & Culture to make corporate announcements, launch new products, tell brand and platform stories and manage internal communications. We are instrumental in shaping the public’s perception of our brand, products and business.
Our Communications Associate will be a crucial part of a developing team -- supporting our Head of Brand Communications (and the broader team when necessary) in storytelling, thought leadership and launches across Product, Brand Partnerships, Marketing, and Business Development. You will be part of the foundation of our program, helping to execute strategic PR plans and supporting the planning and creation of communications that will continue to define Reddit as a business and advertising solution.
This is an exciting time for Reddit. We’re growing quickly, innovating daily and aggressively tackling our mission to bring community and belonging to everyone online. Our Communications Associate will play a big role in sharing Reddit’s products and stories with the world!
- Support the Head of Brand Communications in building and executing strategic communications plans related to Reddit’s product (advertising and consumer), brand partnerships and business development initiatives
- Help maintain and update our team’s media list across product, tech, lifestyle, business and financial media
- Monitor and build daily coverage roundups that are delivered to the entire organization
- Research and coordinate thought leadership opportunities
- Proactively manage team calendars and update company calendars with communications events/timing
- Develop press-related materials like media alerts, executive briefing documents, press kits, and internal emails
- Implement media relations and outreach plans, as needed
- Research media coverage, industry trends; provide analysis and report on metrics
- Help maintain communication efficiencies within company
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Communications or a related field
- 1-2 years of Communications-related work experience (agency and/or media relations experience preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Google and Microsoft Applications with experience developing spreadsheets, managing large amounts of data and digital files
- Energetic, assertive, results-driven, self-starter with the desire and ability to go above and beyond. Seeks opportunities to add value and contribute to the team’s broader success
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- You love the news and have a fluency with news organizations, reporters and the various ways they communicate