At Red Badger, our purpose is to make a positive impact on the world around us. Our mission is to transform blue-chips into next generation digital product organisations.
We are now looking for a Business Development Director to support the new business development activities of a Red Badger Cell. In this role, your primary purpose is to understand the needs of our prospects/clients and align them to the right Red Badger services to maximise the value exchange. We believe a “sale” happens when we have identified a real client need that Red Badger can genuinely help with - your job is to find opportunities and help make that alignment happen.
You will join the leadership team of one of our autonomous business units, we call Cells, and be responsible for new revenue generation activities. Each Cell owns its Profit + Loss and has autonomy to make decisions that align with our purpose, mission and values. Together with the Cell Managing Director and other Cell Directors you will design, develop and deploy effective go-to-market campaigns, account plans, network nurture and extension plans alongside client engagement activities in order to help achieve your Cell’s growth goals.
The core of your role is to be outward facing to develop and sustain profitable growth for your Cell by building a client base with new opportunities for Red Badger projects. You will support the Cell to grow a sales pipeline and portfolio of client accounts. You will be able to develop successful relationships within blue chip organisations by interacting with all levels. The primary focus of the role is to seek and identify opportunities to engage Red Badger, with a Cell goal to build, service and sustain a c.£10m portfolio of business revenue.
You will be a strong communicator, collaborator and consultant, willing to share learnings, successes and failures across and beyond your Cell. You will be intimately familiar with complex enterprise buying cycles for consulting and custom software development, and an intuitive and accurate pipeline forecaster. You’ll be able to build trusted advisor relationships with prospects to understand their needs and circumstances and help shape compelling responses.
The Business Development Director will focus on:
- Building a robust, predictable sales pipeline with supporting KPIs
- Building and nurturing network to create Red Badger opportunities
- Matching prospects/clients with the right Red Badger services
- Partnering with Marketing to run targeted go-to-market campaigns
- Executing engagement plans and progressing opportunities
- Pitching and progressing opportunities
- Contributing to the Cell revenue target with strong margins
New Business Development:
- Seeking digital product development opportunities for Red Badger
- Engaging with new prospects to share Red Badger’s positioning
- Developing a network of contacts
- Developing creative and value-led reasons for prospects and clients to engage
- Seeking prospects and engaging them in their professional communities and at events etc.
- Opening, developing and pitching sales opportunities
- Supporting Cell leadership in closing activities
- Help identify opportunities in existing accounts
- Planning and executing target account engagement and Account Based Marketing (ABM)
- Support Cell Directors to develop quality account and engagement plans
- Key point of contact in developing go-to-market campaigns to drive acquisition in agreed market segments
- Drive the development of relevant and resonant content including marketing and sales and calls-to-action
- Share insights from prospects with Marketing and cell leadership
- Act as a visible promotor, ambassador and spokesperson for the value Red Badger provides
- Contribute to the development of the sales pipeline and commercial success for your Cell
- Lead on the Cell go-to-market strategies and work collaboratively to deliver them
- Ensure commercial viability of the opportunities that your Cell is pursuing
- Develop pitch/proposal content and approaches for new business pitches
- Always act with commercial integrity and for the benefit and value of Red Badger clients and your Cell
You will be supported by and work in a partnership model with Core Services, primarily Marketing and Finance.
This role is centred on finding and developing new opportunities, in collaboration with Cell leadership and Marketing. Your strong commercial capability will support the shaping and closing of opportunity.
You have been successful in business development and/or commercial client leadership in a consultancy. This will include successfully initiating and growing multiple blue-chip client accounts to achieve a £multi-million services revenue target.
You have initiated relationships across target blue-chip accounts and successfully found ways to engage, leading to strong commercial relationships over years. You have grown and nurtured a network of relationships in target sectors and disciplines that include enterprise buyers of consulting services.
You will have deep experience of software development centred on Digital, ideally the design and build of digital products using Lean and Agile approaches for blue chip clients. You will be credible talking about digital product development, and be able to inspire confidence in both your Cell leadership team and clients and prospects and badgers that you are not too far removed from the day-to-day to be a trusted advisor.
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 10+ years now and we are over 130 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning. We are embarking on the next phase of growth and development.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Red Badger is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire, employ, train, promote and compensate regardless of gender, gender identity, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, creed and colour. We are fully focused on equality, and it is our fundamental belief that the fascinating characteristics that make us all different enable us to continue to do amazing work for our clients.
What we offer:
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes:
- Annual £2,000 training budget
- Enhanced pension with employer contribution of up to 5% of your salary
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- £2,000 home-office set up budget and contribution to home broadband
- Matched (pre-tax) charity GAYE donations
- Cycle to work
- Enhanced parental leave
- Our core working hours are 10am-3pm to allow you flexibility to plan your work around your personal commitments.
- People people
We respect and care for each other, giving us the space to feel safe and be our true selves
- Find a way
We’re comfortable with uncertainty and accountability, whilst achieving great outcomes through shared goals
- Always learning
We’re curious. It’s how we learn and grow as individuals, continuously testing and improving what we do, and how we do it
- Open & Fair
We build trust by telling things as they are, being open, and seeking to achieve fair and equitable outcomes
- We are united by our desire to get to the best ideas. We are generous with our knowledge, actively listen to each other, and are open minded
We are yet to define what the future of work looks like for Red Badger. We’re continuing to work as per government guidelines. Our central London office is open for those who wish to travel in.