Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Rather than make a prediction on one or two products or indications, what if you could build a biological map that supports dozens or hundreds of indications?
Every week at Recursion, we run 1.8 million+ experiments creating a library of more than one billion cellular images on the basis of that radically different approach to biotech. This is a revolutionary approach that we believe will reinvent drug discovery and development.
Recursion is the clinical-stage biotechnology company industrializing drug discovery by decoding biology. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to infer biological relationships. By commanding massive experimental scale and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Partner to provide statistical strategies across various therapeutic projects and global regulatory submissions to ensure robust, evidence-based decision making for clinical development planning and execution.
- Innovate via the implementation of modern trial designs, statistical models, and analytical methodologies that expedite and optimize the drug development program in terms of risk, cost, and timeline. Create the standardized analytical platform to expedite the production of the statistical deliverables.
- Collaborate by facilitating the discussion and actively participate in clinical development team activities to provide statistical insights/consulting. Contribute to the study level decisions with internal and external partners.
- Represent biostatistics by coordinating the activities not only within the clinical development team but also across broader Recursion teams including drug discovery and data science. Promote biostatistics “brand” awareness and cultivate cross-departmental collaboration.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Senior Director, Biostatistics, you’ll be joining Recursion as the second biostatistician. You’ll be focused on enabling Recursion to launch multiple clinical trials across Oncology, rare disease, neuroscience, and other indications in various therapeutic areas by providing hands-on statistical support and working with external vendors. You’ll collaborate with your teammates and across departments to agree on what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then figure out how to get us there.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. (or M.S.) in statistics plus undergraduate degree in a quantitative field.
- 8+ years’ experience (or 12+ years experience) in clinical development in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- Thorough understanding of drug development from pre-clinical phases through post-marketing, including for small orphan indications and hard-to-study indications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs by integrating quantitative sciences with strong drug development knowledge.
- Experience as a people manager in the clinical development industry with a preference of a group leader.
- Proven expert scientific leadership skills demonstrated in successfully executing clinical trials and programs.
- Regulatory submission experience as a lead biostatistician for pivotal trials in Oncology and other therapeutic areas (rare disease preferred) is a plus.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.