Working here could change what you want from a job
If you made a list of all the things your perfect job would have, what would be on it? Would it include a mission that truly justified the word “mission?” Would it involve being part of one of the best scientific research and production labs in the world creating petabytes of insight-rich data? Would it be a place filled with smart people all trying to help you do the best work of your career? Would it have leadership that could see an almost science fiction-like future and was looking to you to get there?
Recursion is the clinical-stage biotechnology company industrializing drug discovery by decoding biology. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset the Recursion Map, a collection of hundreds of billions of searchable inferences across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias.
Recursion has been purpose-built to do things that have quite literally never been done before. The secret sauce here is our people. They are the ones who make big bets and deal in orders of magnitude instead of thinking incrementally, and the result is clear: Eight years ago, we were doing plate manufacturing by hand. Today, we have one of the largest, broadest and deepest pipelines of any technology-enabled drug discovery company.
Changing the way drugs are discovered is an audacious goal, but it isn’t a dream or science fiction. We’re already doing it.
The Impact You’ll Make
Lead and provide direction for all product safety and pharmacovigilance activities, including the detection and analysis of safety issues in compliance with global pharmacovigilance and regulatory requirements. You will oversee the medical safety assessments, risk management strategies, reference safety information (RSI), and regulatory compliance reporting for Recursion.
- Lead safety surveillance activities, adverse event assessment and reporting and providing pharmacovigilance scientific support and guidance
- Guide team on defining the RSI for each product; update RSI as needed for key clinical and regulatory documents
- Oversee safety governance including safety data review and signal detection, managing adverse event reporting, and mitigate plans for clinical stage programs
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across all regulatory reporting requirements
- Develop and implement safety surveillance strategies, and policies and procedures for all investigational products
- Implement and manage pharmacovigilance and safety vendors across all programs
- Serve as the primary PV point of contact for the organization
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Senior Director, Safety and Pharmacovigilance will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for translating Recursion's innovative science to patients through clinical development activities.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Minimum 5 years Drug Safety/Pharmacovigilance experience
- MD or equivalent, PharmD, or advanced degree in nursing
- Experience with clinical trials and knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical trials
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pharmacovigilance regulations and thorough understanding of FDA and EU regulations, ICH guidelines, and GCPs that govern drug safety and pharmacovigilance
- Experience in signal detection and risk management, including interactions with regulatory authorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
We are open to applicants in the Greater Salt Lake City, Utah area, as well as remote within the United States.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
Recursion requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.