Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will be an essential accelerator of drug discovery research across indications and therapeutic areas. You will have the freedom and support to lead a team of researchers whose goal is to solve the most difficult problems in drug discovery. You and your team will work with traditional drug discovery teams when they encounter challenges that they are unable to overcome, helping them move programs forward as quickly and efficiently as possible. As part of the Translation and Biomarkers Anchor, you will work with drug discovery teams across the organization in indications spanning oncology, neuroscience, immunology, and others.
- Accelerate and de-risk drug discovery by helping to solve some of the most intractable problems encountered by drug discovery teams
- Lead a multi-functional team of expert scientists who can provide insights, advice, and practical help at the bench to drug discovery teams across the organization
- Guide collaborations with internal groups and external partners to improve drug discovery programs and accelerate their progress to the clinic
- Work creatively with Recursion's assay development and drug discovery teams to identify and resolve critical scientific and technical challenges
- Use your deep and broad expertise to quickly diagnose and resolve challenges faced by drug discovery teams across therapeutic areas and indications
- Serve as a trusted leader for a multi-functional team of scientific and technical experts
- Seek out cutting-edge technologies and capabilities to de-risk drug discovery research
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across drug discovery and assay development, toward a shared goal of radically improving patients' lives
- Present data effectively to participants across levels and functional groups in the organization
- Iterate quickly to move from ideation to validation on multiple projects at an accelerated pace
The Team You’ll Join
We are building diverse and collaborative drug discovery teams that are data-driven from the ground up. Our group is a bold, agile, interdisciplinary collective of biological, computational, drug discovery, and machine learning scientists deeply focused on the singular goal of bringing new therapeutics to patients at an accelerated pace. Reporting to the VP, Neuroscience & Translational Research, you will lead a small group of scientific experts, and collaborate with data scientists, biologists, chemists, engineers, clinical development experts, and commercial strategists throughout the organization to advance milestones and provide insights to advance Recursion's capabilities. Essential attributes to this role include a bold, execution-first attitude and passion for deploying rigorous science to bring life-changing therapies to patients.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD in a relevant field (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cell biology) and 4+ years of experience or MS in a relevant field and 7+ years of experience in drug discovery
- Experience identifying and deploying targeted strategies to overcome scientific and technical challenges in drug discovery
- Experience leading scientific teams to creatively and efficiently overcome challenges as projects advance from preclinical drug discovery through first-in-human trials
- Demonstrated ability to carry and prioritize among multiple projects
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.