Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Impact our drug discovery programs by overseeing the design, conduct, and interpretation of studies to inform mechanisms of toxicity and develop screening paradigms to accelerate program advancement.
- Deeply engage with Recursion’s diverse discovery portfolio, providing safety testing strategies, designing / overseeing in vitro and in vivo toxicology studies and developing risk assessments that enable key project decisions including the nomination of clinical candidate molecules.
- Leverage your deep expertise in mechanistic and translational toxicology to grow Recursion’s predictive toxicology platform; including evaluation of existing data and tools as well as novel approaches to achieve our goal of industrializing drug discovery
- Partner with early clinical development toxicologists, enabling seamless transitions of candidate molecules into IND preparation.
- Capably communicate highly technical toxicology data and strategies to a diverse audience, including senior management, when necessary.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Director, DMPK, you will join Recursion's Drug Discovery department. You will impact all phases of drug discovery and early development. The team is dedicated to leveraging translational planning in the earliest phases of discovery projects, enabling acceleration of candidate selection. You will work closely with colleagues in Medicinal Chemistry, Clinical Pharmacology, Biology, Pharmacology and others.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD with 5 years experience in pharmaceutical investigative toxicology; MS with 7 years or BS with 10 years in a similar role
- Demonstrated success in safety and toxicology support of drug discovery projects from hit identification through candidate selection is required
- Prior participation in the development of translational models of toxicity is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with current in vitro and in vivo techniques available for mechanistic toxicology investigations is required
- Experience tailoring communication style to the target audience, organizational tendencies, and scientific rigor are essential
- Experience authoring regulatory documents supporting early clinical development is preferred
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.