Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help develop, implement and manage best practices that support our software engineering and data science teams across Recursion. This includes creating robust technical documentation for the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. In particular, you will:
- Design, implement and uphold a cohesive technical documentation strategy across the teams that build the company’s internal technical infrastructure.
- Help implement tools and processes that improve satisfaction and efficiency across technical teams.
- Shape content for a subset of high impact technical writing initiatives, including for technical blogs or peer review articles.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive solution development from start to finish.
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development initiatives and capabilities. We work with technical and scientific teams across the organization. Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of industry experience in developer experience (DX) or technical writing and documentation for technical audiences, across software engineering and/or data science.
- Deep exposure to code or technical tools and processes e.g. through work or a Bachelor's degree in a technical field. Some experience or interest in biology or drug discovery is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical projects, for example involving writing and/or documentation such as via technical blogs, code documentation or open-source project contributions .
- Experience in project management or similar practice such as strategy, planning, prioritizing, implementation, coordination, and feedback gathering for complex team efforts.
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.