Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build tools that are changing drug discovery. You'll work with biologists, chemists, and data scientists on tools that take Recursion's in-house generated experimental data and machine learning models to predict potential treatments which are then validated in the lab.
- Provide and improve insights into experiment quality. At Recursion we perform thousands of experiments every week, and our scientists need to quickly check the quality of those experiments. You'll work on applications that are used to view high resolution images from any of these experiments and allow the scientists to understand what they are looking at and manipulate the images in real-time to enhance different features.
- Distill large datasets to ensure data-backed decisions. Thousands of experiments every week produce hundreds of thousands of data points. This data reveals what works and what doesn't, and informs decisions about what experiments are pursued. You'll work with data scientists to understand and present this data in a digestible format, including with interactive plots that connect our scientists with the information they need.
- Be a mentor, coach, and sponsor. You will share your technical knowledge and experiences, resulting in an increase in learning, growth, and impact within and beyond the team.
The Team You’ll Join
You'll join the Accelerated Pharma team at Recursion, which is a team of four full-stack software engineers reporting to the larger engineering department. This team contributes to Recursion's mission to decode biology by using our vast data sets and deep learning models to surface insights and connections in clear, intuitive ways. Our applications serve as the connective tissue between the experiments that are being performed in the lab and the applicable data resulting from those experiments.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience collaborating to complete large projects. We don't have much in the way of project managers.
- A people-first mindset. Despite the deadlines, we always prioritize supporting our coworkers in their growth and experience.
- You learn tools from the nooks and crannies of software engineering, for example: creating SQL triggers and managing migrations; user experience design; and measuring, monitoring, and supporting the systems we build.
- Adapt your workflow to include or improve your skills in writing tests for your code and automating deployments, logging, metrics collection, and monitoring.
- Biology or chemistry background is not necessary, but intellectual curiosity is a must!
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.