Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help drive the development of the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform.
Currently, our core platform generates approximately 80 terabytes of experimental cellular biology data each week, fit for the purpose of machine learning. The automated platform can explore large areas of biology and chemistry (for example: 700,000 chemical compounds and whole-genome arrayed CRISPR gene editing experiments in multiple cell types). Join us to build the next stage:
- Guide strategy for ongoing automation projects and future opportunities
- Innovate on new digital and physical processes that help us discover new treatments
- Multiply a cross-disciplinary team of data scientists, biologists and software & automation engineers.
- Plan and coordinate delivery of complex, high-impact initiatives
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development initiatives and capabilities. We decide what to build and articulate the why, while supporting builders to own the how. We focus our decisions and are held accountable for impact over the longer-term (months to years). Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ Years of hands-on technical experience with high throughput screening, large scale scientific automation, and laboratory processes
- Experience with digital laboratory solutions such as LIMS (laboratory information management systems), quality control and data management
- Experience in product management or similar practice including strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts
- Understand how to translate between operations, software engineering, biology, data science to identify business needs and find solutions
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.