Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Track and analyze metrics from the HTS pipeline.
- Provide actionable feedback to the HTS operations team via written communication and weekly data review presentations.
- Improve data analysis systems, through detection, troubleshooting and escalating feature requests.
- Assist the operations manager in experimental design, planning, and coordinating functions relating to the operation of the HTS platform.
- Collaborate with HTS laboratory personnel to develop a deep understanding of current workflow and underlying technology.
- Develop cross departmental partnerships that drive the quality and efficiency of experiment operations.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a high performing and mission-focused team in the Core Operations department and you will be working closely with our high throughput screening platform. This is a dynamic group of people who are tenacious in problem solving and are rigorous in challenging status quo. It is also an incredibly supportive and collaborative environment. You will also partner with an exceptional group of talented individuals amongst your peer group across various disciplines like Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, and Data Science, etc.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A background in engineering, cell biology, microscopy, or computational biology.
- Attention to detail and willingness to track down and troubleshoot problems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and generate insights from data.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Strong quantitative skills and reasoning.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.