Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build - In partnership with chemists, data scientists and others build immunology-related projects designed to deliver preclinical assets with quality and speed.
- Lead - As we continue to grow, you will be part of a nimble, highly efficient highly talented biology team, leading cross-functional drug discovery projects.
- Collaborate - Work seamlessly in a cross-functional matrix organization with chemists, in vivo pharmacologists, data scientists, data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
- Communicate - Independently prepare impactful presentations for senior leaders and partners to promote informed decision-making based on critical data evaluation.
- Deliver - Understand the critical path and provide high-quality results.
The Team You’ll Join
As a Director in the Discovery Biology organization, you will be leading a team of scientists and partnering with cross-functional partners to build and advance the portfolio of preclinical assets. You will use your depth and breadth of understanding of the preclinical discovery process to help guide teams to build efficient operating plans to capitalize on Recursion’s high throughput phenotypic screening platform. You will work in a highly matrixed organization to advance molecules from hit identification to lead series and ultimately to candidate status.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD and or postdoc in cellular immunology
- >15 years pharma experience in small molecule drug discovery with a strong record of productivity as demonstrated by clear contributions to molecules that have advanced to the clinic
- Recognized as a scientific leader in industry as demonstrated by track record of publications and contributions to patents
- Project team leadership experience advancing hits to leads and candidates.
- Experience in hiring top talent, building and leading discovery project teams
- Understanding of molecular pharmacology and experience working with CROs are pluses
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.