Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is at the forefront of integrating cell biology, automation and machine learning to develop phenotypic cellular disease models for high throughput screening and compound optimization. We are seeking a senior research associate with significant drug discovery experience in cellular neuroscience, neuroimmunology, or neuropharmacology. You will:
- Independently create new human disease models using iPSC glial and neuronal cell lines including co-culture systems.
- Independently develop, optimize and validate in vitro biochemical and cellular orthogonal assays suitable to support compound optimization
- Build research operating plans suitable for validation and optimization active screening hits
- Share your knowledge and experience by mentoring junior research associates in assay development, data analysis and best practices for drug development
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a diverse, energetic team of innovative scientists working to develop novel therapies for neurological diseases. By collaborating with in vitro and in vivo biology, chemistry and data science team members you will work at the interface of neuroscience and immunology to create complex disease model systems that evaluate drug candidates. As our teams are small and nimble, we are excited by independent and motivated investigators to drive our projects. You will report to a Senior Scientist with minimal daily oversight and in this role your input and data will drive decisions impacting compounds and projects.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in cell biology, neuroscience, pharmacology or related field
- 5+ years post graduate bench experience with 3+ years in pharma or biotech industry
- Deep experience in cellular neuroscience and assay development required, experience with iPSC derived cell lines preferred
- Adept at working in a dynamic environment within a cross functional team
- Proficient in the use of automation and image analysis tools required.
- Proficiency in Spotfire analysis tool, statistical analysis and common computer software (GraphPad Prism and Microsoft Suite) required.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.