Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Work collaboratively within and outside of the Chemistry department to identify, source and implement new analytical chemistry technologies and methodologies to advance offerings to project teams.
- Develop analytical methods that provide robust quantitative and qualitative methodologies for a wide range of analyte and biomarker chemistries in complex matrices.
- Champion efforts within the lab to increase lab throughput and efficiency, while minimizing unscheduled downtime, through the use of hardware, software and quality metrics tools.
- Represent the department in cross-functional meetings with internal and external interests, and provide advice and resources regarding analytical chemistry issues affecting projects.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other members of the department and project teams to support all phases of small molecule drug discovery.
- Maximize throughput and minimize downtime by developing a fit for purpose instrument maintenance and quality metrics program.
The Team You’ll Join
While reporting to our Principal Scientist over Analytical Chemistry, you will be a part of an inclusive Chemistry Department working with the dynamic and innovative environment within Recursion. The importance of the chemistry discipline during drug discovery and development results in our representation in most project teams, continually engaging us in a collaborative cross functional effort to provide therapeutics to patients with unmet needs. We have recently built out an in-house analytical chemistry lab that continues to grow and evolve. We are looking for a creative and curious colleague who is able to prioritize multiple tasks.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Minimum of MS or PhD in a chemistry discipline
- 2+ years experience in an analytical chemistry lab, ideally focused on discovery and development of small molecule analytes or biomarkers using primarily mass spectrometry.
- Experience with automation, dose formulation, compound quality control, ADMET assays, or CMC is a plus.
- Excitement to work on a fast-paced team in the culture of a growing startup, where you will use creativity and a passion for learning
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a lab environment
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.