Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build drug discovery programs in diverse disease areas as in vivo lead on a cross-functional team of experts. Create relationships with CRO’s and help to lead our team of pharmacology scientists generate quality data you will then evaluate and interpret to facilitate program decisions.
- Apply drug discovery principles in multiple programs in a range of disease areas. Guide programs through lead-optimization, execution of a campaign of in vivo pharmacodynamic studies. Identify, optimize and validate efficacy models that demonstrate proof of concept in programs and aid in patient dose predictions.
- Learn and show curiosity and openness to new tech in this role. You will work with data scientists and DMPK specialists to leverage PK/PD relationships and in vitro-in vivo extrapolations (IVIVE).
- Collaborate with DMPK, chemists, biologists and data scientists to contribute to optimization through compound selection and the identification of high-quality development candidates.
The Team You’ll Join
This position reports directly to the Director of in vivo Pharmacology to help us expand our portfolio as we guide our programs toward the clinic. If you are passionate about discovering medicines, looking for the opportunity to build data and tools to accelerate drug-discovery, let’s talk.
***This position has the option of being based in either Salt Lake City, UT or Milpitas, CA.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD in Biology, Pharmacology or a related life-science field
- 6+ years of industry experience contributing preclinical efficacy data to project teams that enabled decisions
- Understanding of small molecule drug discovery and applying PK/PD for optimization and selection of development candidates
- In-depth, hands-on experience with animal models of human disease to demonstrate proof of efficacy. Proficiency generating and validating these animal models and assessing the translational aspects. Experience in the areas of cardiovascular diseases, immuno-oncology or fibrosis is desired.
- Experience filing IND enabling documents.
- Excellent project, time management, problem solving skills and ability to work and lead in a cross-functional setting but also to coordinate and lead pharmacology research associates
- Ability to articulate scientific data and strategic messages to internal partners and stakeholders
- Explore scientific literature outside of one’s immediate area of expertise and apply this to problem solving
- Experience selecting and managing CROs
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.