Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
Lead, Simplify and Innovate: As an innovative technical operations leader, you will have responsibility and oversight of the Compound Management and High Throughput Screening Operation Teams. In addition to overseeing daily operations of a core facility generating >160 terabyte of quality controlled image-based biological data per month with 99% success rates, you will partner with other key stakeholders from within Core Operations and other departments such as Biology, Data Science, and Engineering to develop strategies to scale and continue to expand the high throughput core facility through innovation and continuous improvement. At Recursion, we value curiosity and executing with speed. As a senior leader, you will ensure that we continue to grow/develop talent within our organization and maintain/evolve our “Can-Do” culture.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a high performing and mission-focused team in Core Ops reporting to the Vice President of Core Operations. This is a dynamic group of people who are tenacious in problem solving and are rigorous in challenging status quo. It is also an incredibly supportive and collaborative environment. You will also partner with an exceptional group of talented individuals amongst your peer group across various disciplines like Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, and Data Science, etc.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A background in engineering, cell biology, microscopy, or computational biology and at least 10 years of experience working across multiple relevant functions, including systems engineering, high throughput laboratory automation, compound management, process development, research core operations, research biology and/or drug discovery.
- Demonstrated ability to align on the tactics and strategies needed for successful operations, influence cross-functionally, and promote accountability in a positive and efficacious manner.
- The ability to translate an innovative technology vision into operational reality.
- Experience developing and implementing efficient and effective operational strategies.
- Proven leader with experience managing teams and a reputation for maximizing and growing talent.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline, a graduate degree is desirable.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.