Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our approach is changing the game and pioneering a new future in our industry. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build the DMPK function at Recursion including developing essential internal experimental capabilities, forging relationships with CRO’s and hiring a team of Scientists and Research Associates in time.
- Apply DMPK principles to ensure lead-optimization, execution of in vivo pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) studies, PB-PK modeling and prediction of human pharmacokinetics.
- Learn and show curiosity and openness to new tech in this role. You will work with data scientists and engineers towards the creation of innovative, predictive and computational DMPK tools and integrate them with other proprietary machine-learning enabled platforms.
- Collaborate with chemists, biologists and data scientists to contribute to the identification of high-quality development candidates.
The Team You’ll Join
This leadership position reports directly to the Chief Scientific Officer. If you are passionate about discovering medicines, looking for the opportunity to build a sophisticated DMPK function from the ground up and eager to help create novel predictive computational DMPK tools to accelerate drug-discovery, let’s talk.
***This position has the option of being based in either Salt Lake City, UT or San Francisco, CA.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related life-science field
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Sophisticated understanding of the principles of ADME, computational PK and systems biology and their application to small molecule drug discovery
- Experience filing IND supportive documents
- Excellent project, time management, and problem solving skills and ability to work and lead in a cross-functional setting
- Ability to articulate scientific data and strategic messages to internal partners and stakeholders
- Ability to comprehend scientific literature outside of one’s immediate area of expertise and appropriately apply this to problem solving
- Experience selecting and managing CROs
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on our robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion here!
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.