Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our approach is changing the game and pioneering a new future in our industry. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today and we want your help. Would you like to help us lead the Revolution?
The Team You’ll Join
As Director of Clinical Operations, you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team reporting to the SVP, Translational Medicine. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and clinical development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical and business development activities. In your role, you will lead the development of Phase 1, proof-of-concept, and pivotal studies for a portfolio of diverse therapeutic programs in an exciting startup environment. You will need a unique combination of strong fundamentals in clinical development and the ability to be creative in executing the right clinical operations strategy for each program.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead the execution of clinical studies for transformative new medicines across diverse therapeutic areas to deliver new medicines to patients
- Manage all aspects of clinical operations for a portfolio of rare disease programs from IND through proof-of-concept and pivotal studies
- Craft clinical development strategy and key documents, including study protocols, amendments, investigator brochures (IB), and Investigational New Drug Applications (INDs) alongside the clinical development leadership team
- Create organizational principles and standards for clinical operations for a rapidly growing clinical development team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with CROs, clinical investigators, and clinical site staff
The Experience You’ll Need
- 7+ years of experience in a clinical operations role in the biopharmaceutical industry with at least 2+ years most recent experience at a small or midsize biotech working in a small team environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical trial processes from Phase 1 through pivotal studies, including principles for accelerated trial execution
- Demonstrated track-record of successful clinical trial execution
- Domain expertise in rare disease drug development and an understanding of unique considerations for small patient populations
- Current knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and ICH Guidelines and the application of the conduct to clinical studies
- An understanding of principles of relationship management across diverse internal and external stakeholders over the course of a clinical development program
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion here!
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.