Recursion's unique platform leverages the most advanced biology, high-throughput automation, and artificial intelligence to rapidly discover treatments for rare diseases, diverse immune and inflammatory diseases and new indications in the future. The Process Development Scientist in Compound Management will develop new automated and manual processes to facilitate the ordering, receiving, solubilizing, distribution and quality assessment of compounds.
THE PROBLEMS YOU’LL SOLVE
The high-level job description has only one item: do whatever is necessary to achieve our mission of decoding biology to radically improve lives. This is a great opportunity to:
- Communicate with scientists and technicians to design/improve standard processes for compound handling.
- Partner with Chemists, Biologists, and Data Scientists to assess the quality of our library over time.
- Design systems and workflows that will allow for screening of a wide variety of different compounds including small molecules, biologics, and genetic perturbants.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- Experience working in a Compound Management Laboratory maintaining >100,000 compounds delivered to multiple screening groups.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex workflows in an automated laboratory environment using C#, Python, and other scripting/programming languages.
- Experience working with automated liquid handlers, balances, tube storage systems, complex workcells, LIMS systems etc.
- Requires 4+ years of laboratory experience with a BS degree
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- Onsite daycare facility
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Click HERE to see what it's like working at Recursion!