THE PROBLEMS YOU’LL SOLVE
The high-level job description has one primary concern: Protect our intellectual property and sensitive data.
In addition to working closely with our IT and engineering teams, you will help promote best practices and help guide us to workflows that are more secure.
Environments we secure include our headquarters in downtown Salt Lake City, our vivarium in California, our data processing colocation, and our cloud infrastructure in the Google Cloud Platform.
For this role, we are looking for people who are eager to:
- Do - We want a security engineer who is biased to action. You will identify threats and vulnerabilities and work to quickly remediate them.
- Collaborate - We want a security engineer who works well with others. The role will require close collaboration with our IT and engineering teams to help reduce the risk of a data breach.
- Teach - We want a security engineer who is willing to teach best practices. We are a growing company with employees from a variety of experiences and we endeavor to foster a security mindset by all.
- Learn - We want a security engineer who actively seeks to grow. We are building complex systems as a company, and curiosity and learning is necessary to keep pace.
Here are some past and upcoming projects:
- Determine sensitive data criteria and audit internal and external data repositories to ensure appropriate data access has been implemented
- Secure our growing collection of image data
- Coordinate a third-party risk assessment and/or pentest
- Evaluate and audit external vendors security preparedness levels.
- Establish regular threat and vulnerability scanning rhythms using common scanning tools like Nessus
- Create other monitoring, logging, and alerting systems to detect possible attacks (SIEM concepts a plus)
If you're interested in working for a meaningful purpose (and a massive human impact) and want to help secure a rapidly growing collection of data, let us know. We offer great compensation packages, a structured leveling program with multiple tracks, and a thoughtful hiring process.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years active work experience in Cyber Security
- Working experience with ethical hacking practices and defensive tactics coupled with the ability to apply solutions safely without affecting existing workflows
- Experience working cloud (GCP, AWS) and on-premises infrastructures systems, including Identity Access Management
- Experience responding to and mitigating cyber security incidents
- Comfort working within a risk framework, prioritizing risks by evaluating likelihood and impacts as well as monitoring and coordinating remediation efforts.
- Extensive knowledge of Firewalls, Networking, Wireless, Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP Server & Desktop OS to include (Windows & Linux & MacOS)
- A working understanding of Windows and Mac OS security weaknesses and how to avoid them
- A passion for staying up-to-date on the latest threat intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies and other vulnerabilities that might affect Recursion
- The ability to develop and instill security best practices across our teams
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching
- Flexible and generous vacation/sick leave
- Company-provided lunches, snacks, and beverages to keep you fueled up and focused
- Industry-leading paid maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Two one-week company closures during the winter holidays and during the peak of summer
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Impressive office & laboratory space located in downtown Salt Lake City
- In-office showers, lockers, bike parking, a 65-ft climbing wall (yes, inside our office), nearby trail access - to facilitate an active and outdoorsy lifestyle
WHAT WE DO
We have raised over $200M to apply machine learning to one of the most unique datasets in existence - over 3 petabytes of imaging data spanning more than 10 billion cells treated with hundreds of thousands of different biological and chemical perturbations, generated in our own labs - in order to find treatments for hundreds of diseases. Our long term mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives and we want to understand biology so well that we can fix most things that go wrong in our bodies. Our data scientists and machine learning researchers work on some of the most challenging and interesting problems in computational drug discovery, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the deep learning community (Yoshua Bengio is one of our advisors), who help our machine learning team design novel ways of tackling these problems.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion