WHAT WE DO
We have raised over $200M to apply machine learning to one of the most unique datasets in existence - hundreds of millions of images of cells under a huge number of biological and chemical perturbations, generated in our own labs - to find treatments for hundreds of diseases. Our long-term mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives - we want to understand biology so well that we can fix most things that go wrong in our bodies. Yoshua Bengio is one of our advisors, and helps our machine learning team design unusual ways of tackling these problems.
THE PROBLEMS YOU’LL SOLVE
The helpdesk intern position is the first line of support for all IT requests. It is the helpdesks responsibility to contain the interrupt, document the problem, assess the issue and get Recursion operational again. Evaluate issues and decide whether hand-off or escalation is necessary. You will support teams of Biologists, Software Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Human Resources, High Throughput Screening, Admin, and Finance teams with all their issues. You will have real-world data to work with, and expect you to come up with approaches to solve the problems you’re presented with. You will work with both your intern mentor and the IT team.
- The first line of support for incoming IT requests.
- Escalate requests to the appropriate group.
- Document common solutions in a Knowledge Base and do so in a concise manner.
- Setup and take down AV for company events
- Prepare new hire system(s) and account(s)Essential skills and experience:
- Entry-level position, we will provide the experience & knowledge & teach it to you
- Understand basic IT troubleshooting concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written composition skills to write a knowledge base article that others can understand and follow.
- Strong capability to take ownership of assigned systems
Nice to have:
- A+ certification or equivalent (not required)
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Part-Time, paid, ongoing mentoring and training from our IT team
- After a six (6) month internship program you will be equipped with the knowledge and experience to better land a full-time tier 1 helpdesk position
- Company-provided lunches, snacks, and beverages to keep you fueled up and focused
- Impressive office and laboratory space located in downtown Salt Lake City
- Gleaming 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with in-office showers, 2x weekly yoga classes, lockers, bike parking, an 65-ft climbing wall (yes, inside our office), nearby trail access - to support an active and outdoorsy lifestyle
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.