Buying a used car has been essentially the same for 75 years: what’s the mileage, what’s the vehicle history, get a mechanic to check out the moving parts and haggle over the price. As electric vehicles (EVs) hit the used market, buyers are changing the way they research and buy.
Recurrent is the future of how used electric cars are bought and sold. We’ll be entering the established online auto marketplace business on the basis of a unique differentiator, our independent EV battery reports. As the first mover on used EV battery analysis, we have the best set of cross-manufacturer battery aging data to develop the most accurate predictive algorithm for future battery life and range.
Why are we doing this? Road vehicles represent 20% of carbon emissions globally, and have accounted for the vast majority of transportation emissions increase since 1970. Electrifying passenger vehicles, in parallel with transitioning our power grid to cleaner energy sources, really moves the needle on climate. We’re going to be a critical part of making that shift -- facilitating the secondary market.
Your Work with Us
As Senior Product Designer at Recurrent, you will lead a user-centered design process to engage electric vehicle owners, sellers and shoppers, while maintaining our brand. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with a small team of startup veterans to build something from the ground up as the company’s first design leader.
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, prototypes, and detailed designs informed by your user research, web behavioral trends, and your best ideas
- Partner with Recurrent’s cross-functional team to determine business and feature requirements and translate them into thoughtful design solutions
- Concept and design features that will drive deep engagement with company value props and deliver a magical experience to customers
- Translate brand tenets into elegant user interface and marketing design
- Validate design concepts with end users
- Drive communication of design guidelines and patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience across digital products
- Contribute to marketing design, maintaining website, creating promotional collateral, etc
What We're Looking for
- A proven ability to lead consumer UX and UI design from end-to-end: propose creative concepts, validate with user focus groups and surveys, communicate detailed designs and even contribute to front-end development to make them a reality
- Experience in making complex UX problems easy for users with an occasional touch of gasp-inducing UX magic
- Strong at managing priorities, deadlines, tasks, and weighing trade offs.
- A bias for action in a collaborative and iterative environment; an ownership attitude
- Design expertise or strong curiosity in automotive, electric vehicles, online retail or all of the above
- Efficiency in tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- 5+ years of relevant brand and user interface design experience
- Location: Anywhere in a timezone that is reasonably compatible with Pacific US. We’re a remote-first company that is currently clustered in the Pacific Northwest, but we want to work with great folks wherever they are.
We’re open to full-time, part-time or long-term independent contractor options depending on your skill set and other obligations or interests in life. Part-time/contractor compensation will be pro-rated based on market salary rates.
Anywhere in a timezone that is reasonably compatible with Pacific US. We’re a remote-first company that is currently clustered in the Pacific Northwest, but we want to work with great folks wherever they are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We warmly invite applications from people of all walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.