Recurrency is a sales, pricing, and purchasing automation platform for distributors. Despite distribution being a multi-trillion dollar industry, the legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that exist to help distributors manage their purchasing, inventory, sales, order processing, and accounting are decades behind. For the most part, ERP systems are painfully slow, difficult-to-use, and soul-crushingly manual.
Recurrency’s goal is to reverse ERP stagnation by building a streamlined and intelligent ERP: blazingly fast and complete with powerful automation tools like dynamic pricing and demand forecasting. Using Recurrency can boost a distributor’s revenue and profit margins, while reducing waste and saving time. Most importantly, Recurrency is fully-integrated with the customer’s legacy system, so deploying Recurrency in production can be done in as little as one day.
Founded in Los Angeles and supporting a fully-remote team across the United States, Recurrency is a fast-growing and venture-backed team of talented technologists going all-in on building the next great platform company.
You will drive the technical integration stage of the sales process and be a critical driver of customer success as Recurrency revolutionizes an archaic industry towards the modern ERP. In this role, you will develop into the key technical advisor to the sales team, work very closely with the product management and engineering teams, and serve as a vital product advocate in front of prospects, customers, and the wider ERP community. You will also work closely with our service team to onboard users to the platform and lead user-interview sessions to drive product adoption and platform development.
As a Solutions Engineer at Recurrency, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. You will be a key technical advisor to Recurrency customers as they change the way they grow their business.
What You’ll Do
- Engage with customers to understand their requirements and communicate the technical value of Recurrency.
- Be the DRI (Directly Responsible Individual) and quarterback the tenant integration process, ensuring that engineering issues are addressed and onboarding timelines followed.
- Work with our sales team to create technical proposals and presentations for customer meetings.
- Initiate and manage multiple proofs of concepts, working directly with the prospect to deliver upon their success criteria.
- Lead new user onboarding sessions to drive WAU (Weekly Active Users) KPIs.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Sales, Engineering, and Product teams.
- Work with your sales & service counterparts to devise and execute a winning strategy that ultimately delivers a win for our customers.
- Learn about and share the incredible capabilities and value that Recurrency delivers to our supply-chain customers.
- An enthusiastic, empathetic, technical generalist
- A background in software, computer science or a related field
- Exceptional communication capabilities including a presentation style that addresses a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise IT and C-level executives
- Technical experience in a professional environment, ideally a startup
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role is preferred
- Passion for learning new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems
- Bonus points if you have already worked with our stack - we use Python, React, Postgres, Mongo, etc.
- Willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships, up to 50% possible
- Ability to empathize with customer challenges and enjoy problem solving
First 30 days:
- You will have met the entire team and participated in sales and user calls
- You will feel comfortable explaining and presenting within our application, having built an understanding of our users and what they do and care about on a daily basis
- You will have dug in and learned how to create and configure users and tenants
- You will have written code that has landed in production
- You will be the DRI on a tenant onboarding end to end, managing timelines and aligning the necessary stakeholders
- Write custom Python and React code, and likely Mongo and SQL queries to solve for tenant issues, requests, and customizations
- Explain our integration architecture and tooling, suggest improvements
- Lead integrations projects (coordinating multiple stakeholders) and features end to end
- DRI user feedback sessions, developing issues and researching solutions for Product & Engineering
- Solve complex product and platform problems for our customers
- Help and mentor more junior engineers through onboardings, code reviews, and code examples
Recurrency aims to ensure a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Individuals seeking employment at Recurrency are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.