RECUR needs a Data Engineer to join our team full time. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing organization, where you will be designing and building data pipelines for analytics, forecasting and finance activities.
What do we at RECUR believe makes a great engineering team?
Here are our core beliefs:
- It’s important to have team members that care about the team’s results more than their own individual achievements
- It’s important for leadership to be tolerant of making mistakes
- It’s important that the team members help, teach, and mentor one another
- It’s important not to place blame on individuals when things go bad but instead to evaluate as a team how we do it better the next time
- It’s important to be clear on what that mission is and minimize the distractions on the teams executing on that mission
- Small teams execute better than big ones, empower small teams with ownership and minimize the dependencies between them
- It’s important to encourage self-directed innovation
What you will do at RECUR
- Collaborate with a distributed team of developers and business stakeholders on a wide variety of data engineering, data integration and business intelligence projects.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and integrations using AWS cloud services and best-in-class tools from the modern data stack.
- Develop high quality and maintainable software.
- Test your code using modern automated testing frameworks and practices.
- “Own” your code throughout the full product life cycle, including production deployment and support, including participation in on-call rotations and critical issue escalations.
What you will bring to RECUR
- You have experience developing data pipelines, data-integrations and/or other data-centric applications.
- You have working SQL knowledge and practical experience with relational databases and concepts.
- You have familiarity with cloud-based databases such as Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery.
- You have familiarity with modern ETL/ELT, BI and data orchestration tools and techniques. We use Fivetran, DBT and Looker, but experience with other similar tools is valuable too.
- You are comfortable with applying SDLC process concepts to data pipelines and infrastructure, such as source-control, automated testing, CICD, promotion through multiple environments, etc.
- You have a passion for leveraging the latest technologies and innovations while still following a rigorous software development life cycle.
- You learn quickly, are flexible, and do whatever it takes for the team to be successful
- You have an interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFTs
Benefits & Perks
- Commitment to being a remote-first company & embracing remote work best practices
- Comprehensive insurance plans - health, dental, and vision + disability and life Insurance
- Equity in RECUR
- 401(k) with 2% company matching, no waiting period
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Accounts
- 4 weeks paid vacation, 11 company holidays, 3 floating holidays
- Parental Leave - Primary & Secondary
- $100 per month stipend for internet & cell phone
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Free monthly subscription to Headspace, Aaptiv, Omada