RECUR needs a Hands-on Data Engineering Manager to join our team full time. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing organization, where you will be designing and building data pipelines for analytics, forecasting and finance activities. In addition to jump-starting our data engineering infrastructure, you will also be responsible for building a new data engineering team to maintain, scale and expand it.
What do we at RECUR believe makes a great engineering team?
Here are our core beliefs:
- It’s important to have team members that care about the team’s results more than their own individual achievements
- It’s important for leadership to be tolerant of making mistakes
- It’s important that the team members help, teach, and mentor one another
- It’s important not to place blame on individuals when things go bad but instead to evaluate as a team how we do it better the next time
- It’s important to be clear on what that mission is and minimize the distractions on the teams executing on that mission
- Small teams execute better than big ones, empower small teams with ownership and minimize the dependencies between them
- It’s important to encourage self-directed innovation
What you will do at RECUR
- Collaborate with a distributed team of developers and business stakeholders on a wide variety of data engineering, data integration and business intelligence projects.
- Explore, document and present new technologies and approaches to the team.
- Identify data engineering needs and work with recruiting and leadership teams to build-out your team to meet those needs.
- Mentor engineers and participate in code reviews and collaborative design exercises.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and integrations using AWS cloud services and best-in-class tools from the modern data stack.
- Develop high quality and maintainable software.
- Test your code using modern automated testing frameworks and practices.
- “Own” your code throughout the full product life cycle, including production deployment and support, including participation in on-call rotations and critical issue escalations.
What you will bring to RECUR
- You have 8+ years of experience developing data pipelines, data-integrations and/or other data-centric applications.
- You have previous experience working as a technical leader, mentor or coach.
- Experience interviewing and evaluating engineering candidates based on their technical abilities and soft skills.
- You have built and deployed software in a public cloud offering (preferably Amazon Web Services/AWS).
- You have advanced, extensive working SQL knowledge and practical experience with relational databases and concepts.
- You have experience working with cloud-based databases such as Redshift or Snowflake.
- You have recent experience with ETL/ELT, BI and orchestration tools and frameworks such as Fivetran, DBT, AWS Glue, Tableau, Superset, etc.
- You are comfortable with applying SDLC process concepts to data pipelines and infrastructure, such as source-control, automated testing, CICD, promotion through multiple environments, etc.
- You have a passion for leveraging the latest technologies and innovations while still following a rigorous software development life cycle.
- You learn quickly, are flexible, and do whatever it takes for the team to be successful
- You have an interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFTs
- You are legally eligible to work in the United States or Canada
Benefits & Perks
- Commitment to being a remote-first company
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401k with no waiting period for vesting
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Industry focused lunch and learns
- Company swag
- Flexibility to get the tooling you need to do your best work
- The chance to work with incredibly passionate people on a mission to shape an industry!