RECUR is building the future of digital collectibles on-chain, known as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) – the newest Unicorn industry.
We are looking to add a performance engineer to the team that has broad and deep experience load testing, profiling, optimizing, and monitoring cloud platforms and web applications.
What do we at RECUR believe makes a great engineering team?
Here are our core beliefs:
- It’s important to have team members that care about the team’s results more than their own individual achievements
- It’s important for leadership to be tolerant of making mistakes
- It’s important that the team members help, teach, and mentor one another
- It’s important not to place blame on individuals when things go bad but instead to evaluate as a team how we do it better the next time
- It’s important to be clear on what that mission is and minimize the distractions on the teams executing on that mission
- Small teams execute better than big ones, empower small teams with ownership and minimize the dependencies between them
- It’s important to encourage self-directed innovation
What you will do at RECUR
- Be the performance engineering expert here at RECUR
- Develop a performance management program from the ground up
- Implement solutions with state of the art performance tools (Monitoring, Profiling, Load Testing)
- Identify performance bottlenecks in our systems before they happen in production
- Prototype, test, and propose solutions to various performance problems
- Build monitoring systems to observe the performance of the platforms and applications
- Build load testing systems using modern tools to identify performance issues
- Work with many engineers across many teams to enable them to find performance issues and improve overall performance
- Make our platform and applications more reliable by putting them under load, analyzing bottleneck, and proposing and implementing solutions
What you bring to RECUR
- You have 8+ years of experience developing software, the last few years with a specialization in performance engineering
- You know how to optimize performance of web applications end to end, including browser, network, middleware, and databases
- You have a strong understanding of http caching semantics
- You are an expert in database optimization and performance tuning
- You understand how database isolation levels and transactions in general affect performance of a system under load
- You have scaled systems in AWS using auto scaling and serverless techniques
- You have expert level knowledge of AWS Aurora (Postgres), specifically with regards to performance and scalability
- You are an advanced user of DataDog (or similar tools), specifically APM to troubleshoot and the usage of monitors and dashboards to observe and alert on performance issues
- You are legally eligible to work in the USA and Canada
Benefits & Perks
- Commitment to being a remote-first company & embracing remote work best practices
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, 401K with 2% match
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 company holidays and fully paid parental leave
- Industry focused lunch & learns, swag and the and flexibility to get tooling you need
- The chance to work with incredibly passionate people on a mission to shape an industry!
- This is a completely remote role and can work anywhere in the US.