Writing for The Record won’t be like working for other publications. We are building the foundations for a different kind of news organization that reports the untold stories of cybersecurity. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to build a brand, embrace new opportunities, and has the drive to stay on top of the latest cybersecurity news stories.
What you’ll do as a Reporter for The Record:
- Be a leader on the cybersecurity news beat and cultivate a broad audience of cybersecurity and intelligence professionals
- Report quick scoops on the latest cybersecurity stories, contributing to weekly newsletters and podcasts, and writing in-depth analysis on broader industry trends
- Build relationships with a wide range of sources, including government officials, cybersecurity executives, and academic researchers
What you’ll bring to the Reporter role:
- Curiosity, perseverance, and resourcefulness
- Strong drive and ability to jump on breaking news stories and write in-depth analysis on bigger cybersecurity topics
- Ability to manage many tasks and write multiple stories per week under tight deadlines
- Strong writing skills and the ability to convey stories in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to build strong sources across a variety of fields
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience reporting on cybersecurity or technology is a plus
- Location flexible - we are open to remote candidates
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.