San Jose, CA or Munich, Germany
Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Recogni’s enormous potential.Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role
As a Sr. Systems Engineer at Recogni, you will be in a unique position to have ownership of a wide-ranging list of hardware system development aspects, including systems architecture, system level requirements, system interface specifications, DFMEA. You will also be engaged in partner and customer design aspects by providing input to their vehicle and subsystem level development and help them integrate Recogni solutions. This hands-on multi-disciplinary role provides a unique opportunity to interact directly with the ASIC, camera sensor, software, product and operations teams to gather necessary requirements and specifications, and help set the overall methodology around hardware system development at Recogni.
- Own all aspects of hardware system engineering of Recogni’s flagship vision-based perception module for autonomous driving applications.
- Gather requirements and specifications from engineering, product and operations teams for planning and implementing all hardware system deliverables, from lab bringup artifacts to reference system to shipping products.
- Drive Functional Safety topics, including functional safety requirements, DFMEA and Fault Tree Analysis. Ensure delivery of features needed to complete Functional Safety deliverables.
- Plan for Compliance, Validation and Reliability Analysis for products.
- Interface with partners and customers about system level topics including meeting their requirements in terms of functional safety, system
interfaces, quality and reliability.
- B.S. degree in Electrical, Computer or Mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years of systems engineering and experience with product-cycle aspects therein.
- Experience with complex system electronics development and understanding design tradeoffs, reliability and building fault-tolerant systems.
- Experience in part selection, AVL management and working with manufacturing operations teams.
- Demonstrable experience with EVT, DVT, PVT testing and certification processes is a plus.
- Self-starter and highly-motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
Recogni's culture was built on the following values that are equally important to us as
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.